On September 4th 2017 CopyCentral, the workflow system at the heart of advertising clearance, will transfer from Hogarth Worldwide to Optimad (a Group IMD company).
Over the period September 2nd to 4th, the live CopyCentral system will move from physical servers into the cloud. Please be aware:
- Clearcast will close at 1700 on Friday September 1st.
- The CopyCentral system will be unavailable from 1830 on Friday September 1st until 0830 on Tuesday September 5th
- It will therefore not be possible to submit anything to Clearcast on Monday September 4th and Clearcast will be closed that day
- On Friday September 1st we will be clearing advertisements broadcasters advise us will be broadcast through to September 5th, please ensure we receive these in good time
- Our online terms and conditions for CopyCentral will be updated to reflect the change in supplier, as well as some other changes, and all users will be required to agree to these before they can use the system. The revised online terms, and key changes, can be found here (pdf). Otherwise the URL (web address), functionality and support of CopyCentral remain unchanged
- Our systems agreements with some companies, where they refer to Hogarth as our systems provider, are also being revised and updated, and where relevant these will be sent separately to super users. By continuing to use the System on or after 4 September 2017, your company will be agreeing to the updated CopyCentral System Terms
The transfer follows work over several months by Hogarth, Optimad and Clearcast to ensure smooth migration of this industry-critical system with minimal impact on users. It involves moving the system to Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) which will give it more resilience, flexibility and power.
More background to the transfer can be found here.