The copy instructions, delivery and approval timetable have been agreed by Channel 4, ITV, Sky and Warner Media for the 2023 Christmas and New Year period. Check below for both linear and VOD deadlines.
|Linear airdate||Instructions, copy approval and delivery by EOP|
|Wednesday 6th December||Friday 1st December|
|Thursday 7th December||Monday 4th December|
|Friday 8th December||Monday 4th December|
|Saturday 9th December||Tuesday 5th December|
|Sunday 10th December||Tuesday 5th December|
|Monday 11th December||Wednesday 6th December|
|Tuesday 12th December||Wednesday 6th December|
|Wednesday 13th December||Thursday 7th December|
|Thursday 14th December||Thursday 7th December|
|Friday 15th December||Friday 8th December|
|Saturday 16th December||Friday 8th December|
|Sunday 17th December||Monday 11th December|
|Monday 18th December||Monday 11th December|
|Tuesday 19th December||Tuesday 12th December|
|Wednesday 20th December||Tuesday 12th December|
|Thursday 21st December||Wednesday 13th December|
|Friday 22nd December||Wednesday 13th December|
|Saturday 23rd December||Thursday 14th December|
|Sunday 24th December||Thursday 14th December|
|Monday 25th December**||Friday 15th December|
|Tuesday 26th December**||Friday 15th December|
|Wednesday 27th December* (CLEARCAST CLOSED)||Monday 18th December|
|Thursday 28th December||Monday 18th December|
|Friday 29th December||Tuesday 19th December|
|Saturday 30th December||Tuesday 19th December|
|Sunday 31st December||Wednesday 20th December|
|Monday 1st January**||Wednesday 20th December|
|Tuesday 2nd January||Wednesday 20th December|
Copy, rotations, tracking tags and copy changes between Friday 22nd December and Thursday 4th January need to be received by the end of the day on Wednesday 13th December.
- Linear copy Instructions should be supplied at least two clear working days before transmission.
- Linear copy should be delivered at least two clear working days before transmission to avoid a late delivery surcharge.
- To comply with these deadlines please make sure additional time is factored in for clearance approval.
- Approval should be before or by the delivery date, please be aware that two clear working days are required for video approval and we always advise you to leave at least two weeks for full clearance.
- Copy received dates are to avoid late copy surcharges being applied by some broadcasters.
- UK broadcasters are represented by: ITV, Sky Media, Channel 4 and Warner Media.
- Agencies with clients that find these deadlines unworkable should contact individual broadcaster sales representatives directly to agree on their needs.
- On the working day before a bank holiday weekend our clearance service shuts down when the broadcasters have received all the cleared copy – we’ll always post on Twitter and LinkedIn about early closing. Our delivery services remain open for business.
- If using Clearcast Delivery you can deliver your clocks to stations while copy is awaiting approval.
If you have any questions get in touch with us.