Managing Director – Clearcast
Competitive salary + benefits package
Clearcast is a television advertising services company owned by commercial television broadcasters ITV, Sky, Channel 4 and Turner. Our mission is to make it easier to get ads on air and we provide a range of advertising services to broadcasters, media and creative agencies and technology companies. These services include the preclearance of TV and VoD commercials, advertising metadata (including advertiser, agency, product category, visual artists and music data) and the CARIA system on which media bookings are made and copy instructions are sent to Sales Houses in the UK and Ireland.
At Clearcast we live and breathe advertising. In a typical year, our team watches more than 65,000 ads. We discuss, debate and dissect them in detail during our daily meetings. Quite simply, we know advertising like nobody else.
Following a remarkably successful decade leading Clearcast, our Managing Director Chris Mundy is departing for a new challenge. We therefore seek a dynamic new Managing Director to continue our exciting journey. Key responsibilities will include:
- Shaping and delivering the vision, values and strategy of Clearcast, working with the Board, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Wider Leadership Group (WLG) to engage the staff in these.
- Remaining abreast of market developments, identifying potential areas of revenue generation and identify synergies with existing activity. Development of products and services that may extend the current remit of Clearcast, with the support of the shareholders.
- Ensuring that Clearcast delivers a balanced budget and work to ensure that revenue targets are met, agreeing reforecasts with the Board where necessary. Providing regular financial reports to the Board including management accounting, budget preparation and financial reporting and forecasts for the various elements of the business.
- Developing realistic sales targets and ensure that the company has a focus on delivering these.
- Ensuring that Clearcast has the skills and structure required to deliver its strategic objectives as outlined by the Clearcast Board and in particular, that complex and costly projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Ensuring that the technology systems on which the company depends are stable, fit for current purpose and planned ahead, to ensure that they evolve to meet the changing needs of the industry.
- Building the profile of the organisation as authoritative, professional, commercial and customer facing, and ensuring that it has the confidence of the regulatory and advertising community.
- Ensuring that the company has a crisis communications strategy in place that delivers duty of care to staff as well as effectively managing external communications.
The ideal candidate is likely to have a background in operational, technological and digital environments and be equally at home addressing workflow and process challenges, as scenario planning and horizon scanning for the next wave of developments across the broad advertising, broadcast and online industries. You will have an excellent understanding of your business, the challenges faced by your team and how to support them effectively. You will have played a leading role in bringing new products or services to market in a fast moving technologically driven business. You will have developed strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders and business partners.
MBA level or equivalent, you will have extensive experience of working at a strategic level, combined with a thorough understanding of commercial and operational imperatives informing the broadcast industry. You will possess visionary leadership qualities, able to lead, engage and motivate a large team as well as growing and developing a business. You are likely to have an existing profile and reputation for excellence within the industry. You will have first-hand experience of negotiating large bespoke technology agreements, ideally including SaaS and be able to demonstrate overseeing delivery of projects on time and to budget. Understanding of Ofcom, BCAP and CAP regulatory framework desirable but not essential. You will have highly developed interpersonal skills, patience, objectivity, confidence, passion and a drive to get the best from people.
The closing date for applications is October 27th 2019. To apply, please email Signium UK, providing your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and quoting reference 1674 in the subject line.